When you have a condition such as ME/CFS, it’s easy to feel alone and become socially isolated. Family or friends may not understand what you’re going through, you may have had to give up work or study, and you may have trouble getting around and interacting with others.
Our Connect with ME Peer Support Program aims to improve the health and wellbeing of people affected by ME/CFS by connecting them with peers who are going through similar experiences. Become a member (or email email@example.com) with us today in order to participate in the One-to-One Program and access information about peer support groups near you.
Peer support offers both social and practical benefits, including:
- Being with people who just “get it”
- Realising you’re not alone
- Making friends and socialising
- Rebuilding self-esteem and sense of identity
- Gaining support by sharing experiences and feelings with others in a similar situation
- Talking about your fears and concerns
- Gathering and sharing information and resources
- Learning practical ways to better manage your condition
- Learning about community and health services and how to use them
- Having fun!